Monday, March 25, 2013

Birds of a feather

There was this one time when I had a solo in a choir concert.  I get really nervous about singing in public, but I made it through and afterwards someone asked me where I learned such a beautiful vibrato, and I said, "I was just shaking, there was no vibrato..."
This semester this problem came up again.  I was asked to do a duet with a boy in my ward.  I don't know why I said yes to this but I did.  
The date for this kept getting pushed back for weeks and finally today was the day.  
Once again I got up in front of a crowd and sang the best I could and I think my nervous vibrato may have escaped.  
The whole time I just had to keep telling myself that it wasn't for me or for any one else that I was singing.  It was for my Heavenly Father.  I hope I made him happy today by praising him in song.  I am grateful that I had the chance to share my testimony through song, but I am very happy I am done.
After church I came home and made dinner for my roommate Rachel who was looking for some real people food (and not college student food).  It turned out quite delicious.  I made Turkey Tetrazzini and corn on the cob, and then we had ice-cream pie for dessert. 
Then Elisabeth and I went and fed the ducks at the pond.  They were waiting for us to come and give them their dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment