Monday, April 15, 2013

Conference

This year I have decided to stay at school for the spring semester, which I am really excited about, and my mom is really excited about, but she is sad too because I won't be going home anytime soon.  This meant that she needed to come see me and so she came for General Conference (An annual conference for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints) She had never been to Utah before so it was an exciting adventure involving being lost, going to two sessions of conference, making new friends, delicious food, chasing mountains, and quality time.
My momma decided to go for a walk while I was sleeping Saturday morning and when she saw the mountain she decided to walk to it.  A later statement on mountains she made went like this "it  is like chasing a rainbow!"  She walked about 5km each way and didn't quite make it to the mountain.


After the first day of Conference I went to the mall in Sandy and I managed to get lost for about an hour trying to get there.  On my way I met a ton of very... interesting people.  At one point when I was walking I thought I saw a mirage of a forever 21 sign but it turned out to be real.
We ate breakfast at the Little America buffet and it was the most amazing buffet I have ever been to.
At temple square we met two kindred spirits and made wishes in the fountain with them.
I may have forgotten to bring church shoes for conference so this is what i had to wear instead.
On our way back we may or may not have gotten lost and ended up hours off course by Twin Falls.  I fell asleep and when I woke up I had no idea where we were and I had an assignment (final project) due online at midnight, that I had put off submitting.  So we stopped at a McDonalds and stole some of their internet for me to submit the project and then we made it home just before midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment